School Year Schedule
The first school day is Monday 2. 9. 2019.
More detailed info on clubs will be given later in September in the Nursery School Clubs section.
I. Operation of the Nursery School
Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
it's possible to agree on the individual time of the pick-up
II. Holidays and Days-Off at the Nursery School
- Christmas holiday - 2019/12/23 - 2020/01/03, 2019/12/20 is a day off school
- summer holiday - 2020/07/01 - 2020/08/31
- 2020/08/17 - 2020/08/23 - routine maintenance of the nursery school
- 2020/08/24 - 2020/08/31 - preparation week
III. Bank Holidays
- 2019/09/28 - Czech Statehood Day
- 2019/10/28 - Independent Czechoslovak State Day
- 2019/11/17 - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day
- 2019/12/24 - Christmas Eve
- 2019/12/25 - Christmas Day
- 2019/12/26 - 2nd Day of Christmas
- 2020/01/01 - Restoration Day of the Independent Czech State
- 2020/04/10 - Good Friday
- 2020/04/13 - Easter Monday
- 2020/05/01 - Labour Day
- 2020/05/08 - Victory in Europe Day
- 2020/07/05 - Saints Cyril and Methodius Day
- 2020/07/06 - Jan Hus Day
Education of preschoolers takes place according to school educational programmes and in the day time stated in there. Daily routine may be adjusted based on children and teachers' needs.
- 7 - 8 a.m. - children gather at school, calm and gradual integration of children in morning games and activities, art and work activities to develop individual hobbies and talents.
- 8 - 8.15 a.m. - putting toys back in their places, personal hygiene.
- 8.30 - 8.55 a.m. - morning communication club, educational activity, individual, group or collective activities following educational programmes, motor activities, morning warm-up, playful and relaxing activities focused on memory and logic games, practising the senses, language lessons, graphomotor skills, respiratory prevention, singing.
- 8.55 - 9.05 a.m. - putting toys back in their places, personal hygiene.
- 9.05 - 9.30 a.m. - snack.
- 9.30 - 10.00 a.m. - English lesson, topic-related activity.
- 10.00 - 11.45 a.m. - staying outside, garden-related activities, games. In summer staying outside and playing games, doing sport, doing work activities, going for walks to enhance cognitive and speech abilities, hiking, season-related activities. Individual activities are adapted to air quality. In bad weather conditions (freezing, strong wind, heavy rain and during inversion) we stay indoors.
- 11.45 a.m. - 12.00 p.m. - changing clothes, personal hygiene.
- 12.00 - 12.30 p.m. - lunch.
- 12.30 - 1.00 p.m. - taking a rest, pick-up children leave for home.
- 1.00 - 2.30 p.m. - reading or listening to a fairy tale, relaxing music, taking a rest, the need for sleep is based on individual needs of every child. All children relax after lunch for 80 minutes and listen to a fairy tale or relaxing music. Children with a lower need for sleep get up and engage in relaxing activities. Games and activities are focused on creativity, music and art lessons, clubs, staying outdoors.
- 2.30 - 3.00 p.m. - personal hygiene, teeth brushing, afternoon snack.
- 15.15 - 5.00 p.m. - afternoon activities, children leave for home, afternoon clubs - children's choice, individual work with children, art lessons, finishing morning work, exercising and relaxing, respiratory and language lessons, staying outdoors in summer and performing seasonal activities.
This daily routine is not binding and can be adapted to activities of individual days. However, it's important for the children to come to school at by 8.30 a.m. At 8.30 a.m. children start their active day at the nursery school.